Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: o2

610_b038_multilanguage will only install in German (English Req)

[ Edited ]

I have downloaded above file and saved it to my desk top. When I run it it installs to German and provides no choice for UK.

I have check my internet language and my computer location, language and keyboard settings.... All to English.

I guess that this software is looking at something to say "install in German". I have tried to read up on it an understand that English is stored in folder 1033 but I have no idea how to force the installer to look here.

I am using windows 7.

I can find my way about on a computer, but that's about it!

Any simple help appreciated?

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: 610_b038_multilanguage will only install in German (English Req)

Hello, few questions.

Why exact piece of software are you trying to download?
Are you downloading it from the following link?
(http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/)

Try to do a quick PC restart, if not you can search google for a alternate English download of the softtware you're trying to install.
New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: o2

Re: 610_b038_multilanguage will only install in German (English Req)

I am so very disapointed in my blackberry equipment (Playbook and 9810) Its been weeks of trying to get the desktop software installed, so I can pair them together.

Last advice was sound by was not much help as the software is from the Blackberry.com and there is no english version available....

I have scoured my computer to try and find why the software would get a german language trigger (out of all the multilanguage software I install this is the only one that does not install in english).

As there are no other records of this type of faults on google, i have to assume it something to do with my computer or its set up.

any ideas are very appreciated ............. as I am dam fed up! Man Sad