Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Cricket Wireless

7.1.0.074 for BlackBerry 9900

How do I get OS 7.1.0.074 for the BlackBerry Bold 9900? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

~paula
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 7.1.0.074 for BlackBerry 9900

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If it is released officially by a carrier, it will be available via the official download portal:

Figuring out which carrier to search on, now that's indeed the challenge. Fortunately, our friend Xandrex has created this helpful sticky thread:

You can find the carriers that support the 9900 there, so as to target your search in the Download Portal. Xandrex has not had time to keep the data updated as of late, so you must use his thread as merely a quick identification of which carriers support the 9900, and then search each one of them through the official download portal. Indeed, I'd not be a bit surprised if you found something beyond the version you are asking for!

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Cricket Wireless

Thank you for answering me. I have searched hi and lo. You'd think BlackBerry would have an archieve of older OS. Too much to ask for? It's such an easter egg hunt looking for anything on this site. Oh well.

Anybody have any ideas on where I can get a download of 7.1.0.074? I must have it to have 2G capabilities.

Thanks.

~paula
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

PaulaJava wrote:

Thank you for answering me. I have searched hi and lo. You'd think BlackBerry would have an archieve of older OS. Too much to ask for? It's such an easter egg hunt looking for anything on this site. Oh well.

RIM (btw -- "BlackBerry" is a device, RIM is the company that makes them) does not control any OS releases to end users. The carriers are 100% in control of that process. It is that way due to the support model, and that support model is contractually controlled. The carriers, by agreeing to be BB carriers, further agree to providing 100% of the formal support to their end users...as part of that, the carriers test and certify the specific OS packages that they will support for their specific customers. And, like all things, they roll off older versions as newer ones come along -- it's way too difficult to keep their staffs fully trained on too many different versions.

So, if RIM were to do what you desire, they would be violating the terms of their contracts with the carriers. Not something that is easy to accomplish at all.

PaulaJava wrote:

Anybody have any ideas on where I can get a download of 7.1.0.074? I must have it to have 2G capabilities.

As a formally RIM-sponsored site, it's not allowed to discuss things that are outside of the contractual controls. So, while I'm sure that there is some archive site out there somewhere, links to it cannot be provided as per the Ts and Cs here. But, I'd be hopeful that your favorite Internet search engine could provide you with possible results, or at least pointers to archive sites at which the friendly site managers might be able to answer your quest.

If anyone wishes to provide PaulaJava with links, please do so via Private Message on this site, not in the public posts.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................