Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

700wx to 8330 ? How can I sync w/ exchange server at work (contacts/calandar)

Hello..

Wow I'm not sure this is the right device for me.. Verizon 8330 Curve.   I really need to be able to sync up w/ my works exchange server for email, contacts and for my calandar; how can I do this?   Any help would be appreciated, I'm missing my treo already and I wasn't hoping it would be this way.

Thanks!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: 700wx to 8330 ? How can I sync w/ exchange server at work (contacts/calandar)

Hi and welcome to the forums,

is your device setup as BES or BIS?

What version of software are you running on the device OPTIONS - ABOUT ver 4.x.x.xxx

Specify version of msworks exchange server

Do you have an IT department that administers Blackberry's

Please let me know,

Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Re: 700wx to 8330 ? How can I sync w/ exchange server at work (contacts/calandar)

We don't have any blackberry servers...  I have to apologize as I'm not sure what version of exchange server we have running, it's not a very old setup though 2yrs max.  This is a brand new verizon version w/ the 4.3.0.127 version installed.  Most of our company users have Treo's or the motorolla version..

Guru I

Are you setup as BES, and do you have IT people that adminster the Treo's?

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

We use active sync on the devices now..  I have always setup my own phones etc.  we have an admin but I don't ever really deal with him.
Guru I

Ok, Let me find some knowledgebase articles for you, and one of the users with more networing users will help you more

Thanks,

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

direct Exchange sync requires through a BES server (that the IT of your company have to buy and install).
There is no ActiveSync for Blackberry.

You can contract a BIS account, that will enable you to receive emails from an email address. It you want to sync with Exchange services (email, address book, tasks, calendar...) you can look at Blackberry Unite and/or Desktop redirector (that will sync with Exchange through your Outlook client). The infos I am giving you are not accurate, but should help you find more information.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: