Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

80% charge

Hi,

Does anyone know why my battery will not charge past 80%, i have had the handset (brand new) for 2 weeks now and it only charged to 75% at first, then it once charged to 90% but it will not go any further.

I have tried using the USB and the mains chargers but with no joy.

Does anyone have any suggestions or do you think i need a new battery?

Any help would be appreciated, I have tried searching google to no avail.

Thanks

Barry

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: 80% charge

[ Edited ]

Hello bazaa12345,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Smiley Happy

I have not seen the issue you are experiencing but it may be an issue with the battery or device.

I would recommend taking another fully charged battery from the same type of device as a test and insert it in your device.

This would at least tell you where the issue lies. If it displays a full charge with another battery there may be an issue with your current one. If the other battery has the same issue you may want to reload the device software as per the following process:

Be sure to back up your data before completing this process as it will remove all device data.

How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using the Application Loader tool

Make sure you test the device/battery before restoring the backup file.

Cheers,

Message Edited by FozzyBear on 07-20-2009 12:01 PM

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

FozzyBear wrote:

Hello bazaa12345,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Smiley Happy

I have not seen the issue you are experiencing but it may be an issue with the battery or device.

I would recommend taking another fully charged battery from the same type of device as a test and insert it in your device.

This would at least tell you where the issue lies. If it displays a full charge with another battery there may be an issue with your current one. If the other battery has the same issue you may want to reload the device software as per the following process:

Be sure to back up your data before completing this process as it will remove all device data.

How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using the Application Loader tool

Make sure you test the device/battery before restoring the backup file.

Cheers,

Message Edited by FozzyBear on 07-20-2009 12:01 PM

Thanks for the reply,

I had already purchased a second battery for the handset which arrived today.

It appears that this battery has charged to 80% in about three hours. It appears as though it is charging no further after another hour.

How long do you recommend charging the battery for?

I already have made a few backups of the device, i will try reloading the software now. 

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the assistance

Baz

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

It should charge at the same rate from low to full in most cases. I'd say that is a fair indication that the issue is device/software related.

If the software reload does not resolve the issue you may want to contact your point of sale for replacement options.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!