Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8120 Reboot Issue (Pulling My Hair Out)

[ Edited ]

Ok, Im sure someone has posted this here, but I searched and found no solution. When ever I try to put media (music, photos, ringtones ect...) on my 1gb Sandisk MicroSD card, my phone reboots over and over (when idle, during calls, or listening to music ect...)

I have tried the following with no results:

• Called TMobile
  • Complete Handhelp Wipe
  • Complete SD card reformat (first on the PC, then on the handheld)
  • Service Book Resend
  • Backup and Restore
  • Manually Creating the File Directory for the Media (Both PC and BB itself)
  • Kick my Dog
  • Now posting here

I just got the phone today, and after some research, I am not the only one going through this problem. I upgraded from a 8100 also if this helps. I have absolutely NO issues with a freshly formatted card, its when I put my media on it is when it starts rebooting. Please, any help would be great. The reason I like my BB's are for my music and photos. If there is a fix on the way, please let me know I don't mind waiting a week or 2 for a patch of some sort.

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. My dog's OK ;-)

Message Edited by excelfromphilly on 05-30-2008 04:06 PM
Regular Contributor

Re: 8120 Reboot Issue (Pulling My Hair Out)

Hmmm... I haven't seen you list trying another microSD card. I use a 2gig sandisk version and it works fine. Had the reboot issue on another type of phone a while back and thought it was the phone going bad. Turns out it was the memory card.
New Contributor

Re: 8120 Reboot Issue (Pulling My Hair Out)

Ok turns out that the photos were the issue. Moving the music only causes no issues.