Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8120 Reboot Issue (Pulling My Hair Out)

[ Edited ]

Ok, Im sure someone has posted this here, but I searched and found no solution. When ever I try to put media (music, photos, ringtones ect...) on my 1gb Sandisk MicroSD card, my phone reboots over and over (when idle, during calls, or listening to music ect...)

I have tried the following with no results:

• Called TMobile
  • Complete Handhelp Wipe
  • Complete SD card reformat (first on the PC, then on the handheld)
  • Service Book Resend
  • Backup and Restore
  • Manually Creating the File Directory for the Media (Both PC and BB itself)
  • Kick my Dog
  • Now posting here

I just got the phone today, and after some research, I am not the only one going through this problem. I upgraded from a 8100 also if this helps. I have absolutely NO issues with a freshly formatted card, its when I put my media on it is when it starts rebooting. Please, any help would be great. The reason I like my BB's are for my music and photos. If there is a fix on the way, please let me know I don't mind waiting a week or 2 for a patch of some sort.

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. My dog's OK ;-)

Message Edited by excelfromphilly on 05-30-2008 04:06 PM
Regular Contributor

Re: 8120 Reboot Issue (Pulling My Hair Out)

Hmmm... I haven't seen you list trying another microSD card. I use a 2gig sandisk version and it works fine. Had the reboot issue on another type of phone a while back and thought it was the phone going bad. Turns out it was the memory card.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: 8120 Reboot Issue (Pulling My Hair Out)

Ok turns out that the photos were the issue. Moving the music only causes no issues.