Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

8120 Use Overseas

Hello all. I have recently purchased an 8120. It was originally branded and locked by T Mobile in the US. I have recently unlocked it as I do not live in the US anymore.

I went to insert my Japanese Sim into the phone and no service. I click on the Sim Card and it shows all of my information for the sime but it doesn't recognize the network. 

After this I try my SIM for teh Philippines and Thailand and both work perfectly. I just got back from the local cell phone company and they said they didn't know. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to use this where I live. Places I travel to frequently are fine......

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: 8120 Use Overseas

The SIM that you're using is it 3G SIM card? You better check with your operator to know whether your carrier supports BlackBerry 8120 iwith their network or not. Please remember all 8100 serise devices can be operated in 2G network.

Among the lowend devices BlackBerry 8707v is capable to run on 3G network and among the new ones Bold 9000 and Storm 9500/9530 are cabable of running on 3G network.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit