Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9700

8120 only shows contact company as Caller ID

Hello - I am BBerry/ IT support for my company, and one of my users has a problem I have not seen before.  When he receives a call, the contact company shows up instead of the contact name.  We are using a BES server (4.1.6.9), and I went into his contacts.  I looked at his phone log, and the only contacts that show up with their names are those that don't have an entry for Company in their contact info.  When I removed the company info for a contact and had that person call his phone, only then did their contact name show up in the phone log.  Obviously, removing company name from his contacts is not an option.  Also, this is the only phone I have seen with this problem, and we have 100+ phones running off of the same BES, so it is specific to his handheld.  I tried looking at content protection under security settings, and his "Restrict My Identity" is set to Network Determined just like all other users on our BES. He has OS version 4.5.0.124 on his handheld. 

Very annoying.  Any help you can offer will be much appreciated.  Thanks very much for your help!!