Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8130 CDMA and GSM Specs

RIM's specifications for the 8130 state North America 850Mhz/1900Mhz GSM along with Dual Band CDMA.

here's a hyperlink to the spec:  http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrypearl8100/pearl_specifications.jsp

How do I take advantage of the GSM side of the 8130?

Thanks ! 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 8130 CDMA and GSM Specs

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

phudson wrote:

How do I take advantage of the GSM side of the 8130?

By finding a carrier that uses it. See this page for some potential helpful information:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrypearl8100/pearl_wheretobuy.jsp 

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I appreciate your time.

I viewed the page that you provided the hyperlink for.  The 8130 suppliers that are listed appear to all be CDMA network carriers.

I'd like to use a 8130 on a GSM network if that's possible.  The specifications on RIM's website list the device as supporting both  the CDMA and GSM networks.

Is that a mistake on their specifications?

Thanks in advance. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

RIM's page is only a suggested look at possibilities...not meant to be exhaustive. Indeed, typically RIM will list those carriers that have contracted to sell the specific device. But, that does not mean it won't work on other carriers...you need to choose your carrier, research their network, then see if the device you want has a radio that will work on it. Then, see if you can procure the device and, if not from the carrier you want, see if you can get the BB unlocked from it's original carrier. Then you could ask your chosen carrier if they'd allow it to operate on their network...in all honesty, the carriers are in control...not RIM.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................