Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

8130 Pearl - SMS Question, Please Help! I'm Loosing My Mind!

[ Edited ]

I have a blackberry 8130 on Sprint and I am trying to disable the reply to number that is sent at the bottom of the SMS messages that my friends recieve.

An Example of what the message looks like:

This is a test message.

Reply to:

XXX-XXX-XXXX 

Message Edited by tenthirtytwo on 02-20-2009 10:50 PM
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: 8130 Pearl - SMS Question, Please Help! I'm Loosing My Mind!

I've never heard of this before, but try this.

First, go into Messages, hit the [Menu] button (button to the LEFT of the Trackball) and select Options --> General Options and make sure SMS and Email Inboxes: is set to Separate.  Go back to the Home screen, and find the SMS and MMS icon.

Go into THAT, hit the [Menu] button and select Options --> Email Settings, and make sure Use Auto Signature: is set to No.

Test it, and if that does it, change the SMS and Email Inboxes back to whatever you want, but see if the Signature setting sticks if you combine them again!

When you're in Email Settings under Messages, you have a separate setting for each email address, but when they're combined SMS and MMS don't have their own settings.  This may be an oversight in the design of the Messages application.

That said, I NEVER use Auto Signatures, so I've never encountered this.  Instead I have several AutoText items (sig, sigg, siggg) which translate into my Signature with minimal information (sig), the same information with my Cell number added (sigg), and all that plus my Home number (siggg).

I rarely compose an email that's going to someone that doesn't already have that info, and sometimes when I do or when I reply I may or may not want to include things like my Cell or Home phone numbers.  I just use the AutoText I want to include (or not) that info, and it's easy enough to edit the text once it's there if I don't want it to seem impersonal (like remove my Company info).

Hope that helps.

Jerry