Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Pearl Flip 8220
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: 8220 - Bluetooth will not enable

Just another voice with the same problem...

I've had mine for about 14 months, but noticed the bluetooth had failed about 11 months in. I never even attempted to get it replaced though, because i'd heard of this happening to quite a few others as well, and just figured it'd happen again. And the battery-pull trick didn't work for me either - i'm glad it's worked for others though..

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I keep coming back to this forum hoping to find a solution. I have been without bluetooth for about 10 months. Everything else works fine. Bought my phone unlocked new about a year ago and I would hate to depart with it.

My Device: flip 8220
My Carrier: unlocked

I have the same problem. Haven't used bluetooth for a few months, tried to use it today and I can not enable it.

Pulling the battery while the phone is on or off makes no difference.  I have had this phone for a year and it is unlocked and I am now overseas with it so there is no way I'm going to be able to get a replacement from t-mobile.

Sounds like the bluetooth dies eventually on all blackberry 8220 flip phones and no amount of resetting or software upgrades has fixed the problem for anyone.  The only solution is to replace the defective phone.

My Device: pearl flip 8220
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I've just had my second 8220 have the same problem -- and T-Mobile can't send me a replacement because they no longer sell the phone.  I've writtent o RIM to see what they'll do.

My Device: Not Specified

I just saw your post on bluetooth of ur BB pearl 8220 I also use the same type and am experiencing the same problem with my bluetooth. Have u found a solution pls if u have forward it to me so I can solve my prob too
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8230
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I just had the same issue, tried all of the troubleshooting solutions, and finally Verizon said I needed a new phone...have a 8230 from Verizon and love this phone, but now I am concerned because they aren't making it anymore, and if this problem happens again what will I be able to do? GRRRRR 

:smileymad:

New Contributor
My Device: black berry pearl 8220
My Carrier: safaricom

Hi

had the same problem with my Black berry device, 8220 to be precise. all i did is switch it off, removed the battery, put it back and ther it was working, you should try it.

bt if it doesnt then you need a new one.

jIENJOY
New Contributor
My Device: black berry pearl 8220
My Carrier: safaricom

switch it off remove the battery and then put it backon, that should work, if it doesnt then you really need a new one

jIENJOY
New Contributor
My Device: 8220 Flip
My Carrier: Optus

Have the same problem after 11 months with a 8220 Flip phone. Bluetooth just gave up working. Cannot enable, Just stays disabled. Have tried to reset about three different ways through menues, new service books sent to it from carrier, reset battery, downloaded latest software of 85mB. installed, factory reset. Nothing works. Just stays disabled. wasted **bleep**en hours on it! Now being sent back under warranty. I suspect the bluetooth chip has given up which means the phone now either needs replacing or they will repair but I doubt it. Seems to be a common problem though. my phone is exactly 11 months old. Funny, I always thought the  bluetooth was dodgy as I drive an expensive car with bluetooth yet people always said phone sounded **bleep**house on hands free. Typical though. Takes three weeks to repair, unlike Nokia that you can take to a service centre and have repaired the SAME DAY in Melbourne.. RIM, lift your FN game! Three weeks is appalling. I'm in Australia in Australia's second biggest city of 6 Million people yet there isn't even a service centre. it has to be sent to Sydney. What a croc. That's like living in LA and having to send your Blackberry to New York for repair. Totally suck Blackberry. You really do! canadians. can't put them in charge of anything cos they would just stuff it up really pissed off. never again. I Phone or Samsung next time.

New Contributor
My Device: 8220 Flip
My Carrier: Optus

[ Edited ]

Actually, I haven't finished my Rant and notice they bleeped all the naughty words before. Let's see what else? Before I upgraded to .259 software it had version .135. That used to cause the thing to lock the keyboard without having it set. really annoying. only changing software fixed that one. The standard fix for faulty bluetooth is to change the software, if that doesn't work your phone is **Bleep** and you need a new one. What else? Oh yeah. You cannot turn the key tones off, even if you select key tones off. That just turns them off for games etc not the phone. You have to select silent through the profiles then dial the phone number. Of course then you forget to set the profiles back to LOUD and you miss the next 49 calls! Oh yeah. And if you are playing music video's through your car, you can't shut the flip cos it stops the video unlike music which plays open or closed. Of course it is ILLEGAL to play videos in your car that you can see, and your phone has to be in a holder not on the seat. Fair dinkum (that's Aussie for (I am at a loss to explain). I can't believe they are even connected to the USA as I think collectively, they have an IQ of 4, and I am being generous.  I am on a two year contract with this Flip **Bleep** and it is **Bleep** after 11 months. I don't see anyone recalling them with these common problems. Let's face it. It's a dog of a phone **bleep** email excuse. Even an Aussie has been to outer space, and we invented Utes, Wine casks, Hills Clothes Lines, Victa Motor Mowers, Speedos and Jennifer Hawkins.  Blackberry, RIM, whatever, whoever you are, we, the customers ARE NOT HAPPY. I want my money back so I can buy a SMART phone.