Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 8220
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 8220 - Bluetooth will not enable

[ Edited ]

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

So the solution still stands it seems.  The problem is a hardware issue that seems to have shipped with all blackberry 8220s (and maybe other models).

If you're having this problem, try to pull the battery out while the phone is still on.  If this doesn't work, try doing a battery pull with the phone off.  If this doesn't work, your bluetooth hardware is dead, and your only option left is to replace the phone.

It also seems to be the consensus that, if you pull the battery to fix your bluetooth, its only a matter of time until the bluetooth hardware dies completely.

Sorry for your luck if you've purchased this phone!  I'm 5 months away from the end of my contract, and I'm going with either the Nexus One or the new iPhone model.  Definitely not a Blackberry again.

My Device: Blackberry Pearl Flip - 8220
My Carrier: T-mobile

It is almost a year that I 'm using 8220 and I could use Bluetooth only once face the same problem as the others have mentioned, "it gives message enabling Bluetooth and automatically turns off.

Can some one please give me the mail Id,contact # to whom we can report this directly.

Also this I purchased from my friend who got it from the U.S.A and it reads T-mobile.

My Device: 8220 pearl flip

I haver the same problem and Rogers replaced my phone, and a few months later the same problem started, bluetooth will not enable.  Rogers said that the warranty is only for 3 months on a replacement.  I don't understand that, because if this is a common problem with the 8220 then why won't RIM fix the problem or replace my phone.  I'm a motorcycle rider and need the bluetooth to work and I cannot afford a new phone.  RIM said I should have bought insurance but Rogers does not offer insurance.

Edward O'Neil

Contributor
My Device: BB 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

[ Edited ]

I was on the phone with BB tech support and we did a clean sweep of the phone, installed the updated software and still nothing.  It's really sad to see that the 1st class Cell phone manufacture has produced a lemon that they are fully aware of, but yet to recognize the problem other than stopping the manufacturing process. 

One last hope is that BB has a list of BT's that supposedly work on the phone and I'm hoping this will work.  My problem with BT is not as bad as all of you above.  My phone enables, only problem is that no one can hear me but I can hear them.

BTW the carrier Rogers is useless.  they just give you the "too bad so sad" as your phone is 2 months over the 1 year warranty!!!!!!

sk

New Contributor
My Device: Black Berry Pearl 8210 Flip
My Carrier: Airtel

Yep I have the same problem. Is getting the phone replaced the only solution. :-(

14K for a 2 MP blue tooth disabled phone. I repent now :-(

My Device: Pearl 8220

Thank you for sharing this info.  My BB pearl 8220 has the exact same problem.  The carrier had given me instruction to backup file, then reinstall the OS.  However after the length process, the problem remains.  Now I know what to do.  Thank you.  Hope people reading this can save some time just print this whole post and bring it with you to the carrier and have the phone replaced.

Visitor
My Device: 8220
My Carrier: Movistar

This problem appeared on my phone (8220) about 4 month ago. I send it to my carrier and they downgraded the OS and did something that put the Bluetooth to work again. It worked for some weeks but the problem came back again. Some days ago I started playing with the application permissions, change all applications permission over Bluetooth to DENY (application options->advance option->application->edit permissions or default permissions), after reset the Bluetooth came back ! I upgraded the OS to the latest version, change the Bluetooth permissions to DENY and the bluetooth is still working. If I disable the Bluetooth I can not enable it again, but a reset enables the Bluetooth. I've been using my hands free with no problem for the past two days.

Maybe this can help someone else.

My Device: 8220 flip
My Carrier: .

i have exactely the same problem with my handset.......so if u could help me out by telling me from where did you got your handset replaced so that even i can get it done.

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8220
My Carrier: TMobile UK

[ Edited ]

Hello Folks,

I also have this problem - this is my first and very last Blackberry. I won't be restraining my adverse comments about this marque to friends who say they're thinking of getting one. I'm not impressed!

Regards,

Steve (Peter S.)