Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: pearl flip 8220
My Carrier: rogers

Re: 8220 - Bluetooth will not enable

Isn't that strange, I have the same issue, I called my service provider and they told me I would have to upgrade to another phone. How it happened was I was talking and it just stopped! If anybody has a solution please E-mail me at dslpwer@shaw.ca

Thanks

My Device: pearl flip 8220
My Carrier: rogers

I am with rogers to, starting to wonder if this is done through an update just to get you to upgrade and extend contract. Who knows!

dslper

My Device: Not Specified

noo
My Device: Not Specified

My mom had this problem as well, her bluetooth refuses to enable. She has the 8230, after reading this forum I decided to update the OS to see if it would help, nothing. So we are going to take it back and either get a new one or a different phone altogether. She's not happy at all, but you all have been a major help!

Blackberry 8230

nTelos

Roanoke VA

New Contributor
My Device: 8220
My Carrier: AT&T

Encountered the exact same issue.

ATT service provider - cannot help because it is not an ATT device.

I bought it direct from RIM , unlocked.

Research in Motion requires a partner code.

ATT does not know what the hell this is.

What can be done?

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8530
My Carrier: mts

My 8230 decided to reject the Bluetooth enable today.  Now I cannot use it in the car on the hands free.  (Can't hold a phone in the car in this Province.)   I will take it to my IT guy tomorrow and let you know what happens.  Not too impressed.  The unit is 6 months old.  The IT guys tell us to remove the battery and retry.  Usually fixes all, but not this time.

New Contributor

The IT guy tried to reload the aps and whatever software is in the Blackberry.  That did not work so the phone is going back for replacement.  No specific answer yet.  May never get one.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

New Contributor

What you are describing is exactly what happened to mine and the steps I went through.  That's when I called in the IT experts and they can't figure it out.  I am now waiting for a new BB Pearl Flip.  Hopefully they can find one because I like the size.

My Device: Pearl 8220
My Carrier: Rogers

This is EXACTLY the same issue I have with my 8220 flip as of today!

It's happened to a friend of mine who has already replaced his phone once for the same reason, so that is TWICE for him alone. 

My phone is out of warranty and is LESS THAN TWO YEARS OLD!!! This is disgusting! Rogers won't stand behind the product they sell, and I am NOT paying to fix a phone that I KNOW will break again! My first and LAST Blackberry product! It's a piece of s**t and has had numerous other issues, not the least of which is electing to re-boot on it's own every couple of weeks when I have the nerve to "touch" it when it rings! I'm fighting with Rogers to stand up and provide customer service for a what is obviously a known issue, but I expect nothing out of them or RIM. Guess I'll move my cell, home phone, internet and cable TV elsewhere!

You want customer loyalty? STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCTS!!!!