Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

8220 Flip External Screen Problem

I'm a brand new blackberry owner and this is my first ever blackberry devive, so please be patient with me Smiley Happy

The external display on my 8220 Flip is not acting how it was all day yesterday after I bought it.  The external screen constantly displays the clock and will not turn itself off.  I charged it last night on the bedstand and this morning it was still on.  Playing music works ok, but the clock still displays if music is playing while the flip is closed.  External buttons for pause and volume work correctly, and cause the external "now playing" screen to briefly appear, but then it goes right back to the clock.

I'm not sure exactly how this would have changed, but it appeared to happen when I changed from one theme to another, unforutnately it did not correct itself by going back to the correct behavior after I returned to the original theme.

I'm almost positive this has to (eventually) have some kind of negative affect on the display and battery life.  Can anyone point me in the right direction for fixing this?

Many thanks in advance!

New Contributor

Re: 8220 Flip External Screen Problem

Disregard, I figured it out.  A hard reset made the external display return to normal behavior (removing the battery while the phone was ON, then waiting a minute and restarting it). 

Hope this doesn't become a regular thing with my new phone :-)

New Contributor

Had same issue on my wifes 8220, hard reset did clear it up. Does seem silly though.

Open the clock application, click menu, select options and change 'when charging' to 'do nothing'.
Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry Pearl 8220

Removing the battery on the Pearl Flip is a really common trick and it always turn out well after...funny Smiley Tongue
What would i do without my BB