Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

8220 will not reload OS

I have a 8220 that I was attempting to downgrade the OS to the T-Mobile .180 version OS from a beta OS. I have loaded a few different operating systems on this phone with no issue until this time.

Everytime I try to run the Apploader, it gets to where it starts to install the cod's and then stops and gives me a fatal error message. I have tried every method I could find including:

using Jl-Cmder to wipe it

adjusting the power options on my PC for the USB Root Hubs

beginning installation without the battery

using the online updator

switching PC's

uninstalling then reinstalling all blackberry software

I don't know what else to do! If I have missed something, please let me know. 

Details:

I keep getting the 507 and 561 errors on the phone which I know indicates no presence of an OS

phone hasn't been dropped, gotten wet, or taken apart

exact error message received everytime "Errors: Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]"

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 8220 will not reload OS

I keep getting the same thing as well. Talked to RIM, service provider. No such luck fixing the problem. Downloading the newer update corrupted my phone.

My Device: 8220 flip phone
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm having the same problem..mine all started when i kept getting the little time clock coming to show its loading.. this is my second phone that has done this..i tried doing  a update , it took all my software off and now i can't get it back on.. i get to a certain point  and it just shuts down.. now my phone is currupt

New Contributor
My Device: pearl 8120
My Carrier: orange

did you ever get this sorted? Mine is doing the same thing!

My Device: Pearl 8220
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Mine is now doing the same.  Has anyone had this fixed yet?  I cannot get into the phone to wipe the old OS since it will not connect to my computer or to the BB manager software.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8220 Smartphone
My Carrier: Orange (UK)

I'm having the same problem. I tried reloading without using the Desktop Manager and instead using AppLoader. The Wizard started and I got to the "Retrieving Device Configuration" window. it ticked "Read application configuration" straightaway and then "Read device system configuration". Then it started to "Read device service information" and then it just hung. Help!!