Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8300 Camera & Pic File Problems

The camera on my 8300 has started acting strangely. Fist, the images in the viewfinder appear solarized. Secondly, after I take a pic of a solarized looking subject, the file that is generated is not viewable. When I take a pick, the camra sound and/or flash goes off. Then a jpg file is generated that is only 1k in size. When try to view the pick, all I can see is a document icon with a green arrow pointing ot the left. Clicking on the icon brings up a tiny gray box with a red "x" inside. I have restarted the phone, reset it by removing batter, and reloaded the OS. Any ideas?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: 8300 Camera & Pic File Problems

First make sure you have your camera in color mode camera - options - color effect normal (choices are b&w and sepia).

After you do that do the battery pull.

Are you having memory problems? Are you loosing emails, text messages , sooner that expected?

Please look in options - status and forward the file free total and total file numbers

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Have tried various combinations of picture color mode, picture size, quality, etc. without any change in result.

File Free: 22018327 Bytes

File Total: 55443456 Bytes

Media Card: 974 MB Free (pics are beings stored to the card) Older pics I can see fine. It's after a certain period in time, don't know what occured, but this started happening with no particular cause that is apparent to me. I've never gotten an error message of any kind, or failure of the camera to start.

Guru I

Your free memory is way to low. Do you have picture and music loaded on the device or do you use a media card?

I have multiple apps (third party) that run and I have usually 45 to 47mb of free memory!

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Don't have any music. The only video is the blackbery demo video. As for pics, everything I have taken is on the media card with currently shows 974 MB free.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

[ Edited ]

paulbdiver wrote:

File Free: 22018327 Bytes

File Total: 55443456 Bytes

Media Card: 974 MB Free (pics are beings stored to the card)

on that screen, hit the menu keys and select "database sizes". You'll be on another screen.
Hit menu key again, select Copy.
then send to yourself an email and paste the text in it.
read the email from your PC
and paste here the data so we can understand what is taking so much memory on your Blackberry.
Message Edited by Xandrex on 08-12-2008 11:03 PM

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I

Paul,

I don't know your experience level so don't be offended if you know this:

Press the alt escape key (>looks like that) together and it will show you the applications you have running.

Most people close the applications by pressing the escape or red key. This does not close the applications.

Each application has a CLOSE option. For instance if you are in the calendar hit the menu key (spotted key) and scroll down to the bottom CLOSE is listed. Go through each application and press close. Go into the browser press menu and options select cache operations clear all categories and hit escape it will say cleaning memory.

Go to options - security - memory cleaning - enable it. The BB will now clean memory when idle for 5 minutes.

you will have an icon on you screen for memory cleaning make sure you press it. Once you have done this. Pull the battery for about 30 seconds, replace and try your camera, it should work.

Make sure you use the CLOSE button each time you are done with an application. Your camera should be available to you when you like.

After you do what Xandrex suggested do a batter pull and send us the same numbers please!

New Contributor

Ran all those steps. No change.

Database Sizes

Total Size: 979.0K

Address Book: 246/65.9K

Application Permissions: 11/0.8K

Attachment Data: 0/0.0K

AutoText: 109/8.8K

Browser Bookmarks: 17/4.8K

Browser Channels: 0/0.0K

Browser Data Cache: 5/16.1K

Browser Folders: 3/0.1K

Browser Messages: 0/0.0K

Browser Urls: 0/0.0K

Calendar: 270/116.1K

Categories: 12/0.9K

Content Store: 32/496.3K

Enterprise Configuration: 0/0.0K

Folders: 0/0.0K

Memos: 155/29.8K

MMS Messages: 0/0.0K

Phone Call Logs: 163/44.1K

PIN Messages: 0/0.0K

RMS Databases: 8/159.2K

Saved Email Messages: 0/0.0K

Searches: 6/0.7K

SMS Messages: 15/5.8K

Tasks: 25/7.5K

WAP Push Messages: 0/0.0K

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

what you just pasted is the internal memory use of your blackberry. It is less than 1MB (I almost have 3MB used), so it is still very low. The problem is thus not about low memory on your internal memory. (it is an answer, at least you know you don't have to look in that direction)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

OK. I appreciate your input!