Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

8300 Curve keeps deleting my information back to a certain date?????

Not sure whats going on but this is the third time that I lost all of my messages, email, and call logs back to the beginning of Feb. Does anyone have a clue if there is a patch or anything else out there to stop this from happening?
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 8300 Curve keeps deleting my information back to a certain date?????

Hi!

This issue may be caused by the following:

1. The Application Switcher on the BlackBerry smartphone is setting itself as a system listener and is not being removed.
  2. Switching between two applications on the BlackBerry smartphone using ALT+ESC approximately 25 times will cause a memory leak. From this point on, switching applications on the BlackBerry smartphone will cause an hourglass to appear for an extended period of time, which causes a large decrease in memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Have you tried to remove the battery and put it back, this could solve your problem. This is a workaround and hopefully it will work.

BlackBerry solution center says:

This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

// BBsupp