Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8310

8300 SIM card is full! Please delete some SMS Text Messages.

[ Edited ]

I have had my BlackBerry Curve since December of 2008. It has recently started acting up, and my main problem is that it claims the SIM card is full.

Options

SMS Text Text

Leve Messages on SIM Card: No

I haven't any contacts stored on my SIM. What gives?

Message Edited by afawcett88 on 09-04-2009 01:59 PM
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Rogers BB 8800 (Still kicking)

Re: 8300 SIM full. Please remove SMS Text Messages.

Hi,

Try putting the SIM in anotehr phone and send an SMS. Make sure that is clean and nothing is stored there. If the problem persists then the SIM may be corrupt and you need to get another one. At the same time, You can try another SIM in the Blackberry and see how it re-acts.

Peace,

BBTechSupport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to CLICK that BLACK or GRAY Kudos square if some one was helpful.
Also please mark it as a solution if your problem is solved.
New Contributor
My Device: 8310

It sends texts just fine, and I don't have another phone to test that with eitherway. I noticed I didn't get a few yesterday when it started tellimg me my sim card was full.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Rogers BB 8800 (Still kicking)

Hi,

If the SIM is full or detected to be full the network will not store anymore SMS in the unit. You will not receive anymore SMS from now on. Try deleting all the sent and received messages. If you do not see anything in the BB try using a friend's phone and try from there. That is the best test.

Peace,

BBTechSupport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to CLICK that BLACK or GRAY Kudos square if some one was helpful.
Also please mark it as a solution if your problem is solved.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 8300 SIM card is full! Please delete some SMS Text Messages.

How can you remove SMS text from the SIM card when none show up?  Mine keeps reminding me that it's full.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I finally figured out how to delete SMS text messages from the SIM card.  Open a text that you sent or you received from someone.  Open the menu then "view folder" option.  All of your sent and received text messages will be stored here and can be deleted.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin

Hi,

My phone has the same problem. I was tinkering around in settings and stupidly turned on 'store sms on SIM'. About a day later it told me my SIM was full and I need to delete messages.

I turned off the 'store sms on SIM' option. I saved all of the SIM messages onto my phone/memory card and deleted all messages off my SIM card  (SMS SIM card Inbox is now empty).

However, the message is still appearing! How can I get rid of it??

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

This is the correct way to resolve the problem !! Tnx

" I finally figured out how to delete SMS text messages from the SIM card.  Open a text that you sent or you received from someone.  Open the menu then "view folder" option.  All of your sent and received text messages will be stored here and can be deleted.  "