Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

8310 - 8gb card issue

My curve 8310 recognizes all 8 gigs (7.5 formatted) and the same shows up when I connect the phone to my computer.  However, I am unable to copy more than 4 gigs to the card through the phone-usb connection. 

I am using the newest version of the desktop software.  My os is 4.2.2.170

Do I need to find a way to trasnfer the files to the card and then put the card back into the phone or is there a way to do is straight through the usb connection?  Thanks in advance. 

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 8310 - 8gb card issue

You can use the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software to transfer media filesfrom BlackBerry to PC and visa versa.  When you load up the BlackBerry Desktop software you will see the icon called Media Manager. Media Manager is what you use to transfer media files.  If BlackBerry Desktop Manager is not installed on your PC then you can the find the software on the cd that came with your BlackBerry and install it. When you do install it make sure you select BlackBerry Internet Service during the installation wizard.....

cheers!