Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8310 Camera not working

When I try to open I get a message that says Couln not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening camera again. As far as I know I do not have other applications opne

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: 8310 Camera not working

To see what other apps you have open hold down the alt key and then push the back key. You can then let go of the back key to scroll through the apps but keep the alt key held down. There are something like 5 apps you can't close such as the home screen. Also when you are done with an app clicking on the red hang up key does not close the app it just kinda puts it in standby mode. When you are done with an app click the menu key and select close or exit to be sure the app has closed.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Contributor

I held down the ALT key and pressed the back(del) key. Nothing came up
Forums Advisor III

Sorry that's not the key I meant. I meant the back arrow key to the right of the trackball. My apologies.
Contributor

Not a problem. I closed what I couuld. It looks like the others remain open

browser

home

blackberry messenger

empower mail viewer

call log

push to talk

I tried agian and I still receive the same message. Is there anything elese I amy need to do?

Forums Advisor III

Now that you have everything closed try pulling the battery out with the phone on and leave it out for 30 seconds. Then replace it and allow the phone 1-3 minutes to reboot. Then try the camera again.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

This seems to usually be a hardware issue.  It hasn't happened to me but the fix, I've been told (if it works,) is to remove the battery cover and press down around the camera lens to help it make contact.  If it continues, I'd seek a warranty replacement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

still did not work, so I guess it may be a hardware issue.

My 8310 camera was displaying few colors and wouldn't save any still pix.  I fixed this by following the instruction "remove the battery cover and press down around the camera lens" using the small end of the USB cable which is just the right diameter, but I cracked the lens in the process; difference the crack makes still to be evaluated.  So, caution!
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

WelcSmiley Happyme to the FSmiley Happyrums mj!

Hope you have a happy new year! SSmiley Sadrry you cracked your lens

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy