Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8310 Deleting Messages, Pictures on own.

This is the second time this has happened to my Blackberry 8310. It deletes my messages, pictures, and my music. This only happens after I have synced with my desktop computer using my Roxio media manager that came with my Blackberry. The last time this happened AT&T sent me a new Blackberry, however my device is now out of warranty and I need to fix the problem. I have already tried a soft reset, AT&T has already refreshed my device from the call center, however my media has not been restored and I am not sure I am getting all my messages. Please advise.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: 8310 Deleting Messages, Pictures on own.

hello,

how much memory do you have ?

home screen >> options >> status
the lines "free file" and "file total"

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

I have 2 GB with 987 MB left. I cant save pictures now either? Both times this has happened it has been directly after i synced with my P.C.

Guru I

That is not what I asked ; please answer my question so that we can help you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Contributor

Im sorry as you can see I have a very limited leve of knowledge when it comes to BB. File total 580648996, File free 13655704.
Guru I

13MB is not low but it is not high either.
I believe at the time your stuff was deleted, the File Free was much lower.
In that case, the blackberry activates an emergency procedure to free some memory. The process is to delete what your blackberry considers "deletable". That includes old emails, old sms, old calendar items and phone log.

to prevent that, you should close all the applications you do not use. And also do not store your pictures on the internal memory but on the media card (the one that has a lot of space you showed me earlier).