Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

8310 Keypad Issue

Hi there. My name is Ryan. I own an 8310 unit. I used to be able to press a letter OR number key and the display would automatically search my contact list for matching numbers within the call display. Now it's as though the keys are set to open special commands like "TASKS" or "ALARM", things of that nature. My question is: How can I get my Curve keypad to open the Alphanumeric search function within the call display again?

Thanks!

Ryan 

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: 8310 Keypad Issue

It sounds as though you have Home Screen Dialing disabled.

Go to the Phone module, press the menu key, then go to Options. From Options select General Options. In that list I believe there will be a setting for Home Screen Dialing. Make sure it is enabled, and save the change.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks much man. I knew it had to be something simple that I overlooked. There's so many damned options in these things it's hard to keep track sometimes. At any rate, problem solved!

Again thanks!

Best,

Ryan 

Regular Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: Etasilat

Dear Ryan: would you mind telling me where are the General Option under > Options----- I could not locate it to enable in my 8310 device------please assist regards

MDawoodSmiley Mad

MDawood
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

MDawood wrote:

Dear Ryan: would you mind telling me where are the General Option under > Options----- I could not locate it to enable in my 8310 device------please assist regards

MDawoodSmiley Mad

Make sure you are going to the Phone module first, and then go to options with there. Press the green call button to get to the phone module.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: Etasilat

Smiley WinkWow thank you I should have focused harder----Bless you man...
MDawood