Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8310 Password Enabled Locked....How to reset and clear lock to disable password?

My 8310 phone has a lock on the Password Enabled, and I can't clear or change setting to disable password. Also, the security time out is locked, so I can't change the time either. Please help, I want to reset the phone so that it isn't locked and I can disable the security password.
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: 8310 Password Enabled Locked....How to reset and clear lock to disable password?

eibrown wrote:
My 8310 phone has a lock on the Password Enabled, and I can't clear or change setting to disable password. Also, the security time out is locked, so I can't change the time either. Please help, I want to reset the phone so that it isn't locked and I can disable the security password.

Go to Options > Security > General, is there a small red lock next to enabled?

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
New Contributor

Re: 8310 Password Enabled Locked....How to reset and clear lock to disable password?

Yes, there is a small red lock next to Enabled and a small red lock next to the Security Timeout. I tried wiping the blackberry and removing and reinserting the battery, but those locks won't reset or disappear????
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Was the BlackBerry part of a previous company's BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Sounds like a IT policy is still in effect on the device. If you check under Options | Security Options | General Settings go down to the 'Services' section at the bottom. Is there anything listed there? If so a policy is on the device.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Super Contributor

jmrmb80 wrote:
Was the BlackBerry part of a previous company's BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Sounds like a IT policy is still in effect on the device. If you check under Options | Security Options | General Settings go down to the 'Services' section at the bottom. Is there anything listed there? If so a policy is on the device.

jmrmb80 is correct, it there is a policy on the device, you would have to go back to the company that installed the policy and have them remove the password.

Hope this info helps.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Yes. If you know who's company is was a part of, the BES admistrator can send a default IT policy to device to remove any restrictions from the device. I also found you can try removing the policy yourself. I've never tried this, but here's a link describing how to do so: http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

I don't see services? However, I do see IT Policy Name: Password required. So it looks as if you are correct. So, do you know how I can reset my phone to clear that?
Super Contributor

eibrown wrote:
I don't see services? However, I do see IT Policy Name: Password required. So it looks as if you are correct. So, do you know how I can reset my phone to clear that?

You will have to go back to the company that installed the policy and have them remove the password.

Hope this info helps.

New Contributor

This worked like a dream....no more locks and was able to disable password. Thanks you so much for the help. Smiley Very Happy
New Contributor

Sorry, the below instructions from jmrmb80, worked like a dream. Thanks again jmrmb80....Smiley Wink

Yes. If you know who's company is was a part of, the BES admistrator can send a default IT policy to device to remove any restrictions from the device. I also found you can try removing the policy yourself. I've never tried this, but here's a link describing how to do so: http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy