Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: asdf
My Carrier: asfd

8310 Randomly gets blank screen + Sim error

I have an ATT 8310 that has the strangest problem I have seen with a BlackBerry. I wiped it (using JavaLoader) and put the newest software I found on it (whatever was posted on blackberryforums at the time).

The screen just randomly goes blank (black) and the red light flashes for a moment before lighting back up. The system does not reboot, but it reconnects to the network. On my SIM with a password on it, it asks the password as it starts up. I'm thinking it is a SIM card error as it seems very similar to what happens if the sim card is removed and installed while the battery is still present This happens with both ATT and T-Mobile SIMs,  tried different batteries. Without any SIM, network just says SOS) it works great, all the GPS capabilities work...

It doesn't seem to happen on any sort of "impact" if it were some sort of loose connection...

I can't figure it out. Any ideas?
New Contributor
My Device: asdf
My Carrier: asfd

Re: 8310 Randomly gets blank screen + Sim error

nobody?
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 8310 Randomly gets blank screen + Sim error

I have a Blackberry Pearl 8130.  My screen blacks out.  If I have an incoming call and try to answer, the screen goes black.  I cannot answer the call.  Immediately after, if I try to dial out it goes black.  It will do it several times in a row and then be okay for a while.  My service provider has replaced the phone 3 times and every phone I get does the same thing.  They cannot seem to help me.