Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8310 Time, Alert and Duplication Woes

[ Edited ]

My 8310 Curve is interfaced with my company's BlackBerry Enterprise Server using the Microsoft Exchange mail server and Microsoft Outlook mail clients.  My work Outlook client, the mail server and my home Outlook client all synchronize perfectly.  However my 8310 has various problems with tasks and appointments.  Here are three examples:

1. I have a recurring appointment in my Outlook Calendar.  It is set to 11:30 AM daily.  I get a proper alert both on my desktop and on my 8310.  However, when I dismiss the alert on my desktop it changes the time of all recurring appointments on my 8310 from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM.  The time does not change on the server or on any Outlook client.  I have to reset the time for the appointment on my 8310 every day.

2. I do not get all the alerts I should.  If I edit the an appointment or task on my 8310 I get the alert both on it and each of my Outlook clients.  If I edit the appointment or task on either Outlook client, I do not get the alert on my 8310.

3. I often get duplicate appointments on my 8310.  There's only one appointment on the server and only one on each Outlook client.  For no apparent reason a duplicate sometimes appears on my 8310 after the appointment has existed for a while.

I have rebooted the 8310 several times with no change.  My company runs our Enterprise Server liberally.  All users have all rights and no one else is having these kinds of problems.  Can anyone offer a clue about what's going on?

Message Edited by KennyLee on 05-13-2008 01:16 PM
Message Edited by KennyLee on 05-13-2008 07:16 PM