Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 8310

Re: 8310 curve with hairline cracks on the mold

Hello champ,
it is too late to start to fix the cracks.  So the only thing they can do now is to order a new cover and replace it.  It turned out to be a very simple procedure, and solved all my problem.  Unfortunately, Blackberry is not wanting to do anything about this stuff you don't want a unit to be cracked and looking like it's five years old when it's only a month old know-how to do what I did and ordered off of eBay.  If you need any more information right back.  And I can give the address to the company.  But if you look on eBay under covers.  You'll see it there.
oz
in god we trust
god bless the world
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I'm worried about it cracking again once I replace the faceplate. If it did it once, whats to keep it from cracking again? I orded the screwdriver (t5) and I'm going to order the faceplace shortly. Hopefully, the process is quick and easy, I'd hate to mess up my phone trying to replace a broken faceplate that is cracked due to faulty mold/design.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't be.  It was the best thing I did.  And when you replace it.  You will see that when you put it together.  There won't be any gaps to let a crack. 
Oz

EDIT: Removed private information

Message Edited by Andy on 07-10-2008 10:05 PM
oz
in god we trust
god bless the world
My Device: Curve 8330

I have a Curve 8330 and spilled coffee on it so now none of the keys are working.  How do I remove the faceplate to try and clean underneath to remove the stickiness that is probably causing the problem ?

I figured out how to "pop" the tabs at the side but don't know how to get the top and bottom to come off.

Thanks

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

I don't have the link right here, but there are videos on youtube on how to open a blackberry (and how to put it all together).
You need to remove the plastic part that is down under the space key.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

hi , its simple enough . ul need the tool but a small standard screwdriver w/help open but 1st back out the 2 screws on the top side rear after take rear cover off and battery . the bottom piece will come off but hard. just pull dwn and flex. when open its self explanatory .  also the cover has a seal 4 the display , u can reuse but don't handle like a gorrilla and ul be ok...need more help call me 843 455 3838....

o z

oz
in god we trust
god bless the world
My Device: Curve 8330

Thank you.  I did somewhat figure it out but could not get a screwdriver to back out the screws.  Even tried an eyeglass one but to no avail.

Was able to clean under the white part a little and got it working but screen a little cloudy.

Thanks for replying so quickly & have a great week !

Highlighted
Contributor

ok  its a number 5 torx
oz
in god we trust
god bless the world