Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

8310 software update

Hi

Can someone tell me how I upgrade to latest 4.3 (currently 4.2.2) and will this add video camera facility to current camera only? Spoke to Vodafone (my provider) and they said contact Blackberry and that it may invalidate my warranty.

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: 8310 software update

If the OS you're trying to upgrade in not available for your carrier by RIM then I should say your carrier is right.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Regular Contributor

There is no 4.3 software available for the 8310 at this time. You must get the device software from your carrier. Currently 4.3 is only available on the 8110, 8120, and 8130
Highlighted
New Contributor

so does anyone know if and when the 4.3 update will become available either directly from Rim or the carrier (like AT&T)?  it seems like from this thread that it's possible that a carrier may have made 4.3 available but that seems a bit difficult if the 4.3 build isn't even being made on this device yet.

when i moved from my 8100 device to the 8310 my initial reaction was mixed. ie, besides having the fuller size keyboard, overall the device felt much slower and it was more bulkier than i would have liked. 

if the 4.3 update for the 8310 will come out soon then great i can hold onto this device otherwise i'm inclined to move back to the great 8100 device or move to the new 9000 since the 8310 unfortunately has been a big disappointment.

thanks,

Humphrey