Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8310 software update

Hi new to blackberry , but love it. My question is having purchased an 8310 from o2 in the UK some months ago ,I recently read there was a device software update that would allow the 8310 to record video . Searched high and low but cant find this elusive download.

Any you people want to help a green newbie ? any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: 8310 software update

hello,

welcome to the support community forum !

You will find information here :
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=6807

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Hi Thanks for the prompt reply. Problem is ive checked that page and it doesnt list details for O2 . I downloaded the new desktop manager software but cant find a way to update the device itself . My 8310 is stuck with v4.2.2.181 of the software. Is it possible you cant upgrade the 8310 to record video if you have purchased from the uk,especially O2.?
Visitor

Hi, I'm new at using this forum system.  I own what I thought was a BB 8310 but when I looked within the phone (behind battery) it says 8300.  Nevertheless I have not been able to make the software (the one that comes w phone) work on my laptop.  A friend says it is because I have Vista, is there a desktop software that can be downloades that will work with Vista?
New Contributor

Hi

I have v4.5.0.69 and video recording seems to work fine. Keep looking on this message board and you will get direction on were and how to get an install v4.5. Warning use at own risk till your carrier post v4.5.

Good Luck

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

boznwid wrote:
Problem is ive checked that page and it doesnt list details for O2 . I downloaded the new desktop manager software but cant find a way to update the device itself . My 8310 is stuck with v4.2.2.181 of the software. Is it possible you cant upgrade the 8310 to record video if you have purchased from the uk,especially O2.?
Please boznwid, re-read the post I linked. you will find :
  • that O2 has not published 4.5 yet, but they received it from RIM (meaning they will probably release it someday)
  • a tutorial on how to upgrade your handheld sofware OS thanks to the Desktop Manager
  • how you can do even if O2 has not published the 4.5 yet

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: