Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

8310 stress fractures

I love the 8310, but after about one month of owning it, it developed stress fractures at the top of the device and on both sides. Neither Blackberry nor the distributor from which i purchased it will replace it. I have not dropped it and carry it in its case, so i cannot accout for this fault except for the plastic on its curvy "corners". Let the buyer beware....
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: 8310 stress fractures

Sorry to say this, we have a number of 8300 + 8310's in our fleet used constantly everyday for troubleshooting and email at home etc, and none have any stress fractures.

Maybe treat them a little nice? Sorry they won't fix it for you..

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor

I have the same issue, and I even bought a skin and a belt holster for my 9310 because I had seen that this seems to happen.  It sits in the holster all the time, I baby the thing, because a co-worker of mine had his brand new out of the box phone nearly fall apart due to the same issue.  The quality of the face plate seems kinds of poor. Mine now has cracks on the top right and top left, they are diagonally heading in towards the screen.  I only noticed it on mine when I had to hard reset the machine to get it to recognize music I had just synched, you've got to love that feature.

Where's the warranty?

New Contributor

I have the same issue with my Curve...except the top left piece has now cracked off. I do treat mine very nice and I do not know why this has happened. I know someone who has the same phone and it has the same cracks on both sides. I came on here to see if there was anything I could do or anywhere I could get a replacement face but by reading this thread I am assuming that there isn't....

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear about the stress cracks.

This link is for new housings for the 8310.

Just FYI!

http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-curve-8310-titanium-complete-housing-p-2493.html

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

HI back and thank you so much! Even though I kind of gave up hope I was going to search for something like this but you saved me the time and trouble...thank you again! Smiley Wink
Guru I

Glad to help, if this resolves the issue for you please use the option over the kudos star. (You are the only one that can close it) This way other users will be able to find resolutions faster!

Thank you very much

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Thanks very much for this information plus link. As it is an AT&T cover do you know if they sell it abroad? I live in Europe.
Guru I

Hi,

I don't know how many models they carry, but the link I sent was pretty comprehensive.

Try a Google search for sellers near you location.

Hope this helps!

New Contributor

Hi Bifocals,

I am not really sure what option to choose from the options menu to close this...can you help? I did accept your solution however. I ordered my new housing and cannot wait to get it!

Thanks again - Marie