Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310
My Carrier: Consumer Cellular
Accepted Solution

I have service with Consumer Cellular. My phone was formerly with AT&T. For some reason I no longer have the ability to setup email or internet - the buttons no longer appear anywhere - Options, Advanced options. The only thing that shows is My Network from Consumer Cellular.

I tried reinstalling the phone on my desktop with the original disk Blackberry User Tools - v.3.It stops in the middle of Installation with a message an error has occured, then it rolls back the process. After three days, 21 tries I am wearing out. What can I do? Consumer Cellular id sent How Do I update the Wireless Web Setting? from their Support site, they even sent manual confriguration settings for Picture Messaging Settings (MMS), but I cannot access this on the phone. HELP, PLEASE.

I can no longer receive or send email, only texts; cannot access Internet (cannot download software from computer or your site); cannot do picture messaging, etc.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- SQC-100-4
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: 8310

At this point, I beleve a secturity wipe might solve the problem. Go to options/security/wipe, and follow the process, let me know if you have any issues.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I am just seeing this answer. I discovered through reading through some of the topics, on the SIM card, my Network is active when everything else is disabled (therefore, locked with the Provider). I wrote to Consumer Cellular about the issue tonight (this morning) before seeing your reply. If their reply does not work, then I will implement what you have written here. Again thank you.

If I am clear, a Wipe will mean I will lose photos that remain, etc.? If so the I will need to get the sd that holds everything and restore it. Hope I'm clear on what I am writing here? If not please instruct.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- SQC-100-4
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

A wipe will remove contacts photos, etc. I recommed doing a full backup of your device before wiping it.
1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
New Contributor

I thank you for this information and will write back to tell you the results.