Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8320 w/v 4.5.0.81 software won't sync w/ Desktop v 4.7

Only recently, my BB Curve 8320 has stopped syncing with my Desktop software (and Outlook). I just want to back up my contacts so I don't lose them in case I lose my phone. This has my entire life in it, please help!

No recent updates to Outlook. I tried reinstalling Desktop software, to no avail. I tried installing it on another computer, and it still didn't work. I tried removing the Intellisync folder, and that didn't work either. It has synced in the past with the exact same setup, and one day it just stopped working. Now when I connect the device to my computer, it asks for password, and once I enter it, it just hangs in the pre-syncronization "greyed" screen and doesn't proceed. Should I disable mass storage mode?

The last time I was able to sync it, I put music on it through iTunes. I thought that might be the issue, so I downloaded the Desktop software without Roxio Media Manager, and still had the same problem.

Any thoughts?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Re: 8320 w/v 4.5.0.81 software won't sync w/ Desktop v 4.7

well to be on the safe side, you can do a backup(backup and restore-backup) instead of syncing, this will atleast save your contacts

also check options- advanced options- default services... make sure facebook has not taken control of anything there

New Contributor

How do I make it so that the Desktop software won't automatically try to sync? It seems to want to start out frozen...
New Contributor

I figured it out, sorry.
New Contributor

I set my desktop software to not automatically sync, but when I plugged in my BB, it froze in the "working" grey screen again.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: DTEK60

Try rebooting your pc.
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

after the restart, also leave DTM closed, goto start- right click on MY COMPUTER and choose properties

click on hardware tab and device manager button

click on + beside serial bus conrollers

plug in your BB and see if anything new comes up in this list and see if it comes with a yellow or red symbol in front of it