Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8320 w/v 4.5.0.81 software won't sync w/ Desktop v 4.7

Only recently, my BB Curve 8320 has stopped syncing with my Desktop software (and Outlook). I just want to back up my contacts so I don't lose them in case I lose my phone. This has my entire life in it, please help!

No recent updates to Outlook. I tried reinstalling Desktop software, to no avail. I tried installing it on another computer, and it still didn't work. I tried removing the Intellisync folder, and that didn't work either. It has synced in the past with the exact same setup, and one day it just stopped working. Now when I connect the device to my computer, it asks for password, and once I enter it, it just hangs in the pre-syncronization "greyed" screen and doesn't proceed. Should I disable mass storage mode?

The last time I was able to sync it, I put music on it through iTunes. I thought that might be the issue, so I downloaded the Desktop software without Roxio Media Manager, and still had the same problem.

Any thoughts?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Re: 8320 w/v 4.5.0.81 software won't sync w/ Desktop v 4.7

well to be on the safe side, you can do a backup(backup and restore-backup) instead of syncing, this will atleast save your contacts

also check options- advanced options- default services... make sure facebook has not taken control of anything there

New Contributor

How do I make it so that the Desktop software won't automatically try to sync? It seems to want to start out frozen...
New Contributor

I figured it out, sorry.
New Contributor

I set my desktop software to not automatically sync, but when I plugged in my BB, it froze in the "working" grey screen again.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Try rebooting your pc.
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

after the restart, also leave DTM closed, goto start- right click on MY COMPUTER and choose properties

click on hardware tab and device manager button

click on + beside serial bus conrollers

plug in your BB and see if anything new comes up in this list and see if it comes with a yellow or red symbol in front of it