Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8320 won't turn on, white screen + red LED

On vacation my bb was acting weird. I used it as an alarm clock, and during the day i stored it in my luggage in my room. I did use it on vacation until one day when i went for it in my luggage, I found it with the white background and the hourglass thing as if it was starting up but then it would turn off the and red LED light would come on. Then it would go back to the starting up white screen then turn off with the red LED light again and it continues like that. I tried charging it, it didn't make a difference. I took out the battery and everything stopped but as soon as I put the battery back in it starts its routine again. I've had the bb since June 2008 and I haven't dropped it, no water or any other damage and it has been working perfectly since this incident. Any ideas what's wrong?

Re: 8320 won't turn on, white screen + red LED

I'm having the same problem right now and can't get it out of this frozen state.  Does anyone know how to stop this/reset it?  I've taken that battery out and it doesn't help. 
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: O2

I am having the same problem right now with my Blackberry Bold 9000. Can anyone help?!

My Device: curve 8310
My Carrier: at&t

i actually just got my new 8310 as a warranty replacement phone TODAY and its doing the same thing....i tried to update the phone and in the middle it turned off and started doing it

New Contributor

hey guys,

so long story short, I found out my bb was reported as stolen and RIM shut my phone down.. and they couldn't undo whatever they did despite my proof of purchase from a third party store.  

sorry guys.