Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

8330 Camera-Repeated Problem- white screen

I have an 8330. I just purchased it about 2 weeks ago. The camera originally worked fine when I first used it. Now, when I select the camera on the device (shortcut or menu) - the camera turns on, but when I snap a photo, it only displays a white screen within the camera viewport. When I select view pictures from the menu, the picture is displayed as a graphic with a green arrow- selecting this, it is saved as a small white box with a red x. Points- the phone is new with newest OS and has a 2gb sd card (with 1.8 gb free) and pictures are set to save on the card. I have done a hard reboot of the phone- several times in fact and occasionally this fixes the camera for a short time. It always reverts back to failure. I noticed one other post online with similar problems and the indication was it is a hardware issue and to return the phone. Is this the best option? This phone is new- so I can return it for replacement from VZW.

Thanks for any advice.

Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: 8330 Camera-Repeated Problem- white screen

WelcSmiley Happyme to the forums.

Think I would return it if it is on ly 2 weeks old! Smiley Sad 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy