Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

8330 Curve KEEPS RESTARTING!

hello,

ive been having some issues with my blackberry 8330 and have no idea what to do. What started happening out of no where was that the phone would turn on starting off with the red light being on, the red light would then turn off and the hourglass would appear. now heres the weird part.... after the hourglass turned once it stopped, and the phone reset itself. Goin back to when the red light is on, then the hourglass then back again. Keeps on doing this over and over again. I tried taking out the battery and putting it back in, i even left the battery out for an hour and put it back in, I found a way to wipe the phone clean using the application loader without even going into desktop manager, then reinstalled the OS on the phone. Nothing seems to work with this phone. Does anyone have any ideas?

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: 8330 Curve KEEPS RESTARTING!

WelcSmiley Happyme to the fSmiley Happyrums

Could possibly be a memory problem

Try this link

http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_free_up_memory_on_my_device%3F

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

My 8330 started acting weird tonight.  The phone would turn on starting off with the red light being on, the red light would then turn off and the hourglass would appear. after the hourglass turned once it stopped, and the phone reset itself. Goin back to when the red light is on, then the hourglass then back again. Keeps on doing this over and over again. I tried taking out the battery and putting it back in.  Can't get to anything on the BB, so can't do anything if there are memory issues.  The desktop manager doesn't recognize the 8330 being hooked to the computer.

Contributor

If the Desktop manager doesnt recognize the blackberry then the only thing that I am aware of doing is taking it to your local Service And Repair Center to replace the device
Visitor
My Device: blackberry curve 8330
My Carrier: bell

I have a similar issue with my phoone restarting, it does this at completey random times, most of the time it is when i use the media player, after ten minutes it will reset . sometimes when i get a text or send a text and some times a slight bump will also reset the phone. This has been a issue since i bought the phone but might have been once a day or two in the begining. now its gotten to five to six times a day ( as long as i dont use the media player.  I have tried a few things to remedy the issue.    Pulled the battery and replaced.

Pulled the battery for the night

I have the most current software updated

also cleared out the mini sd that i had in the phone.

Any ideas would be great,  thanks in advance

My Device: Blackberry 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

@missing_newf,

I am having the exact same issue!  In fact I am staring at a restarted white screen right now. 

The only thing I can think of is that I have noticed an extra icon after updating my OS.  The icon is for "QuickPullLib."  I have uninstalled the main QuickPull application but it leaves "QuickPullLib."  The issue HAS to be with the new OS... conflict perhaps?

Would LOVE some help in this issue.  My phone isn't looking very "smart" right about now.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

The constant shut down or reboot was driving me mad. I finally gave up & switched back to my old razr just so I could have a working phone.

It would die at random or in the middle of a phone call, when I was online, etc. First Verizon told me to get a new battery. I don't have the $50 so I can't do that. Then they told me upgrade the software, it still died. Actually it seemed worse.

Then they tried resetting the phone. That didn't work. Then they were out of ideas. I could get a new phone was their solution. This phone didn't even last 2 yrs when all the other crappy phones I've had lasted well beyond.

Im very leery to invest in another BB if this could happen again.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

I faced a similar problem with random rebooting of my phone. The only thing that fixed it was replacing the phone and making sure not to restore a previous backup that may have corrupted databases. I went through 2 replacements within a month, but the 3rd phone works like a charm.

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
My Device: Blackberry

don't bother with a new phone - Verizon has given me two and my newest one, received 2 weeks ago is still rebooting when ever it gets in the mood!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8330
My Carrier: Verison

Your Blackberry reboot without notice or turn off for no reason?

Hi my name is Brian. I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night!

I think I may have found a fix for the problem by accident. If this work for you please let me know because if it dose not fix the problem then I will remove this post.

Here it is. Most all people who have a blackberry or other smart phone device are on Facebook now a days. I think this is the problem causing your smart-phone to turn off or reboot.

1. Go to your facebook icon and click on it.

2. Once your on the facebook page then hit the blackberry button.  

3. Go to options and click on it.

4. Scroll down the box that say Blackberry Message application and unclick this box.

5. Scroll down to the Facebook notifications box and unclick that box.

6. Then highlight "Turn off all facebook notifications..." and turn off the notifications.

7. Then just below that it will say "Automatically check for the newest version of Facebook" and uncheck that box too.

8. Click the return arrow and it will ask you if you want to save it, click save.

This should fix your problems with your phone turning off. I did all of this last night and the problem seems to have stop. My phone has not turned off or rebooted since I done all of this. If this fixes it then great, but if not please let me know. I was messing around with my phone and come across this and thought it would do the trick. If you think about it when you install or uninstall any software on your home computer it will ask you to reboot your computer for it to take affect, your smart-phone is a mini computer.

I wish you the best, and I hope this works for you.