Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

8330 Curve MMS Problem

[ Edited ]
You have probably ALL heard about some BBs not retrieving MMS picture of video messages. Well, Here's my story...

I had a Pearl 8130. I called my provider (Verizon) because I couldn't retrieve picture messages. Always said "Not retrieved yet", then I'd click retrieve now, it'd pop up saying retrieving now, and close immediately. Tried battery pulls, re-registering with the network... You name it, I probably tried it. So like i said, i called Verizon. They took 3 days "investigating" the issue to come back and say, your phones broke. Woot! *morons*. So i gave them a hard time, cause its a real pain to get new keys for all my apps n what not. So they agreed to upgrade me to a brand new Curve 8330 for my troubles. Well, I got my shiny new Curve today, and guess what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! MMS still dont work...

So... I have search high and low, and tried all i have found to fix this problem. Nothing seems to work, Does anyone else know? Perhaps something to have Verizon look into? something they normally wouldn't check? Or a weird setting? Bad app, that causes problems? Anything? I'll try anything. I love the BBs, but i need my picture messaging. Hope someone can help. Thanks for reading my life story *Boring*

EDIT: Removed private information
Message Edited by Andy on 07-01-2008 06:30 PM
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: 8330 Curve MMS Problem

Here's the rundown for MMS troubleshooting to do with your carrier on the line. They need to fix this.

Can your sim send MMS in another device? and another sim in this device. Try that first, then call them.

1. ensure MMS code applied (reset if necessary)
2. Ensure user able to browse WAP
3. Get cust to send an mms form the device first.
4. Check the server IT policy ( "allow other browser services" found in the IT pol under server exclusivity).
5. Delete MMS service book MMS client[MMS], do register now and send a new mms.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: 8330 Curve MMS Problem

Another thing I had to do (for my T-Mobile BlackBerry) was to make sure that Enable Push was enabled in Options > Advanced Options > Browser Push. Once I enabled that (along with Enable MDS Push and Enable WAP push) my MMS messages worked fine.

Now I don't know if a Verizon device will have those same settings, but you can check it out.