Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

8330 Disconnecting in the middle of sync from Desktop Manager, but still connected to computer

I am new user.  I love my Blackberry 8330.

However, yesterday I ran into a problem where the 8330 consistently disconnects in the middle of operations with the Desktop Manager.  It often does not occur in one place.  I have received multiple types of errors: Connector Specific Error, 0X80040fb3, Unable to Complete Synchronization, etc.  The spontaneous disconnections are not limited to calendar, tasks, or address book - it has happened during all of these and sometimes before it has even begun to sync.  I have pulled the battery once.  It synched fine after that just to have the same issues the next day.

This happens in the middle of other operations using the Desktop Manager as well.  Like backing up the files.  It will disconnect in the middle of backing up one of the files, or will only stay connected long enough to backup one file.

Throughout this, the computer recognizes the blackberry as being connected and the blackberry continues to display the "Connecting to Computer" screen.

The Start Menu and Taskbar will often hang or disappear after the Desktop Manager ceases to recognize the Blackberry and while the Blackberry is still connected.  Once the Blackberry is disconnected, the start menu and taskbar is released from hanging or reappears.

Windows XP

Office 2007

Facebook, IheartRadio, Pandora, Slacker, Google Maps, and a few other apps installed, Google Search, My Verizon

Also experience some spontaneous restarts but I think that has more to do with the apps than anything else.  Some JVM 102 errors upon restarts.

Feel free to ask me questions.  Love the Blackberry but frustrated.  Have tried other things looking through the forum, but none have solved the problem.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Re: 8330 Disconnecting in the middle of sync from Desktop Manager, but still connected to computer

JVM 102

this is your primary issue, resolve it first, will most likely resolve everything else

hopefully you have atleast 1 good backup to restore after

New Contributor

Re: 8330 Disconnecting in the middle of sync from Desktop Manager, but still connected to computer

I try to do this, but it says that a fatal error occurs when updating the device's software.  It has done this twice.  It doesn't get past the first JVM step.  The Blackberry is then frozen until I disconnect it and the connection goes away from the Blackberry Desktop Manager.  All my important data is stored in Outlook.  Any personal settings can go away.  Is there anyway to do this outside of BlackBerry Desktop Manager?  That program seems to be giving me all of my problems right now.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

thene there is a communication issue, whether its the miniUSB port on the device or the USB port on the PC or cable between the 2. something is dropping communication.

I would try another cable and another PC

is this a laptop or a desktop, are you using front, side or rear USB ports?

New Contributor

Good news.  I pulled the battery and was able to stabilize it long enough to perform the reinstall.  So it looks like my problems are currently solved.  We shall see.