Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

8330/Pocketmac crashing

I am sorry if this has been posted previously; I searched and searched, and no one seems to have had this problem. I am beginning to question my sanity, and my blackberry/mac union!

I have a BB8330 and a macbook pro. I have installed pocketmac and followed what I THINK are the correct instructions, but periodically it just crashes. I will sync fine one moment, but the next time, it just goes on and on forever (4+ hours) and never completes. I do not get an error message. I end up having to cancel. My entries may or not be synced. Sometimes they are odd, either corrupted, duplicated, or changed in some way, making it largely unreliable. I try to sync only one aspect of my software at a time, i.e. just the calendar, or just the address book. I am not using any third party software, just the stuff that came with my mac/blackberry.

One wierd thing I have noticed is that my pocketmac software version is Version 1.2 (1.4), but I have downloaded and installed version 4.1.25. I have tried several times to contact pocketmac support to no avail. Of course Verizon, my carrier, can't help me either...

Any suggestions would be MOST appreciated.

Pam

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: 8330/Pocketmac crashing

Hello,

you are asking a question that concerns the Apple Mac world. I strongly advice you to post your question in the "Blackberry for Mac" board. You will find there many contributors who have the knowledge to answer you quickly.

To go there, you can go to the homepage of the current forum and look fot the relevant section, or you can simply click here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board?board.id=blackberryformac

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: