Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

8330 appointment problem?

Hi all,

My wife and I just got an 8330, and we are having a problem.  I can make appointments in my calendar, but I don't seem to be able to figure out how to send the appointment to my wife's phone so that we will both know what is going on.  I'm pulling out what little hair I have left.  This shouldn't be hard, and I must just be missing something.  HELP PLEASE!  Thanks in advance....

Man Mad

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: 8330 appointment problem?

captainFDU wrote:

Hi all,

My wife and I just got an 8330, and we are having a problem.  I can make appointments in my calendar, but I don't seem to be able to figure out how to send the appointment to my wife's phone so that we will both know what is going on. 

It's easy : create an appointment, and add an attendee. Type your wife's email and it will be sent to her. She then can accept it or not, and the answer will be sent back to your Blackberry.
After that, you can modify the calendar event (for instance delaying of a quarter of hour, or changing the location), and make your blackberry send a modification to her.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I can't seem to locate any menu option that allows me to add an attendee...  Are you doing this on the phone its self or via outlook.  I would like to send them phone to phone as I will not be sync'ing with my computer every day.
Guru I

About Outlook, it's right in the appointment window under the subject and over the location. But I'm talking about Blackberry.

When you're in the calendar, and create a new appointment :
  1. first line is the Subject
  2. second line is the Location
  3. hit the Menu key and select the "Invite attendee" line.

This is basic use of the Blackberry ; I strongly advise you to read the start-up guide that was provided in your bladckberry box. You will discover how to grasp the power of this tiny handheld. You can also read the Help on your Blackberry.

For instance : Calendar application >> Help >> Meetings >> Schedule a meeting

gives you all the information you need to book a rendez-vous with your wife.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thanks for your help.  I just couldn't figure out that you had to have the mouse over the location field to be able to invite.  Works great now!  Thanks again...Smiley Wink
Guru I

captainFDU wrote:
I just couldn't figure out that you had to have the mouse over the location field to be able to invite.
You don't have to. You can do the point 3 from anywhere on the screen.