Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

8330 curve not being able to view mms messages

8330 curve, i can't open and play mms messages sent by text message. It says in order to view this message go to you axcessmypic.com to view.  I'm with alltel and they don't seem to have a answer for me.  I have received messages with my old razor and never had an issue with that phone. I would sure think that this blackberry would be capable of opening these messages.
Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: 8330 curve not being able to view mms messages

It is not Blackberry, it is your carrier. Alltel recently added MMS service and for a lot of users it doesn not yet function properly.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 8330 curve not being able to view mms messages

I was having the same problem after I ran the 4.5.0 update.  I have been on the phone at least 5 times with my carrier (Sprint) and not one single tech seems to know how to fix the problem. I've put in several hours trying to get this fixed.  I finally did a search here and found a similar, but not exact problem that someone else posted.  I did what the user named Bifocals told this other person to do and it worked.  I can now see my MMS messages.

Here's what he said to do:

1.  Pull the battery while the device is ON

2.  Replace after a minute; then let the device reboot for 1-3 minutes.

3.  Go to OPTIONS - ADVANCED OPTIONS - HOST ROUTING TABLES.   

4.  Click on Host Routing Tables to enter.  DO NOT click on any listing in this file.

5.  Press MENU KEY and then press REGISTER NOW - You should get a verification e-mail.  Go to E-mail settings on your phone and send SERVICE BOOKS

6. For Curve 8330 devices, you will have to go through the web on your PC at (Alltel)   http://www.alltel.blackberry.com/

7.  Log onto your Alltel Blackberry website and sign in.  Go to your services on the left and hit SERVICE BOOKS then click on SEND SERVICE BOOKS.

You should get an e-mail for each e-mail account you have set up to verify that your service books have been sent.

Last but not least, when the phone is on; repeat steps 1 and 2.

Hope it works for you.  It finally worked for me after two weeks of trying everything.