Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8300

Re: 8330 (error 1) Skipping PLEASE HELP (Ready get my money back)

Hi there!

If you are using the newest versions of Leopard (which the MacBook Aluminum users experienced first), you may need to add on the extra driver update.  For most users, installing the OS 10.5.6 update fixed the USB driver glitch. But I still hear of some users needing the extra USB Driver patch.

And by all means, if you can't connect or still get Error 1 skipping errors, please do work directly with PocketMac support reps, who will help you go through the checklist of things step by step to find out which one is blocking you.   Thanks!

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
My Device: Not Specified

I had the same problem, I disabled the password lock on my phone and it sync'd with no problem.
New Contributor

I do not have a password on my BB.

I have tried EVERYTHING recommended at least 3 times.

I've noticed in the process that the purge does not work and that when uninstalling the program, some files remain. I have removed them manually. Still to no avail.

Anyone have ideas?

JW 

New Contributor

I'm in the same boat with my 8130 (Verizon 4.5 OS) and my MacBook Pro (Late 2008, 15", 10.5.6).

I've followed all of the steps in this thread, un-installed, re-installed, removed drivers, re-installed drivers. Removed the handheld password, etc.. everything.

The worst part is, it used to work for calendar/Contacts, I starting having the problem when I tried to sync photos.. Now, I can't get it to sync at all - with anything.   Smiley Sad

Any more ideas? 

New Contributor

Guess what?

After spending over 20 hours trying to solve the problem I thought was software, it ended up being the USB connection in the phone taht wasn't working!!!

No one thought the problem could be hardware...

I should have, since it's the 2nd BB in 6 months  that has that problem!

Check your phone and cable connections.

JW 

New Contributor

I was so hoping that would solve it for me.. I just tried 2 other cables, one being the one that came with my BB - but no such luck for me. 

Thanks J. I wasnt able to sync today so I googled my way here. Did  the driver uninstall trick a few times as suggested here with no success. But your solution to disable password lock worked a treat...i had just turned the lock on earlier today on my 8707. Hope Blackberry will fix this bug as its annoying having to turn this off and then back on just to sync.

I cannot tell you how many hours this has caused me to waste!! I am seriously thinking about sending my BB Storm back! This is the worst PDA I have chosen in the last 10 years!

I have tried everyones suggestions a number of times and, I have managed to sync.......once! Then it won't synch again. So, I uninstall, install the latest with the new update, and remove the 2 files from the "library" (why are they there anyway), and then it syncs......once! My life is not long enough to put up with this crap! I cannot, and will not, reinstall every time I need to sync! 

What is the matter with these people that at BB/Pocketmac that they cannot sort this problem out?

Someone MUST be able to come up with a solution? HELP!!!! Or this thing is going back and I'll get another Palm thing!

Regards

G

OK, so I just did everything you suggested and I still get the error 1 message...

I just bought the tour 9630...is there another update?  where do I find it?

My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I too, just got the BlackBerry Tour from Verizon - and ran into the same problem when trying to connect to my Macintosh.

I have been able to successfully connect and sync my BlackBerry Tour with my Dual 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4 (Mirrored Drive Door) w/ 2 MB L3 cache per processor.

Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 is installed (the latest!)

I have been able to sync multiple times now, without the need to uninstall and re-install after each sync and disconnection.

The steps I followed are at the bottom of an article I wrote for Sapphire Solutions, Ltd

See it here!

Message Edited by bamajr on 09-17-2009 01:31 PM