Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8330 turns radio off, at random times.

So I have had this curve for about 6 months, and its been good till about month 5, when it started turning raidio off....seems like when i send/receive text or hang up a call, I have to always restore connections, or turn radio on through manage connections.  I have gone from 4.2.2 to another 4.x.x to 4.5 and it's still doiong it.  I want to throw it in the trash, but I though I'd give someone here a chance since verizon doesn't know...Also I do have a 8 gig card, and use googler latitude alot, and it seems to shut the radio off more frequently when I am using data...
New Contributor

Re: 8330 turns radio off, at random times.

im not sure if it is causing your problem but i was told by a friend of mine that is now a verizon store manager not to use the 8 gig cards because they cause problems and to use a 4 gig or less card

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: 8330 turns radio off, at random times.

Tried without the card, still does it.  It went 2 weeks this time and now its doing it when I make calls.    What happened to the iron-clad Blackberries?  I have read the 8 gig caused problems with any OS under 4.5, but it works fine for my friends GSM(att) curve.  Also I have tried turning data service off, and I have uninstalled all 3 GPS software(google maps, latitude, and VZnavigator, and BB Maps.

I emailed verizon, they bounced the email around but still no updates..

Also now the EV nor ev are not showing with my signal, just 1x...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...I wish they had a decent nokia with Verizon,