Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: Not Specified

8350i Direct Connect...

I have been trying to sync my 8350i with Entourage on a Mac.  Everything works fine except for the Direct Connect #'s (Push-to-Talk)

Everytime I sync, it erases the number off of the Blackberry.  I must manually input them again on the phone.  The category is labeled "Direct Conect #" on the phone and "Nextel" in Entourage.  Would that be the problem?  Anyone have any suggestions?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 8350i Direct Connect...

[ Edited ]

I have the 8350i and a Mac.

I have my info on iCal and Address Book.

When I sync, everything is ok, except 2 problems.

The Direct Connect ID's and the BB PIN's do not sync.

In the Mac's Address Book, I have them under:

DCID  =  'Home 2' 

BB PIN =   'Home Fax'

I have them labeled like that because that's how Entourage/Address Book syncs them.

For example,

When I create a new contact on my BB that has email, phone, address, direct connect#, PIN, company...  and then I sync with my mac... I will see in the Mac's Address Book the new contact with the email, phone, address, company... but no direct connect# and no PIN.

In short, there is no field that corresponds to Direct Connect# and PIN#  when trying to sync with BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac and a BlackBerry Curve 8350i.  Is this true?

THX

Message Edited by framal on 10-05-2009 02:19 PM
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

The PIN# don't not have a field on the address book app and thus do not seem to sync .... I thonk this is a known issue in the KB articles and may be fixed in a later update....

BUT if you have the moble phube number associated with tha pin# in the address book it will sync to your BlackBerry and will be selectable in a pull down when you type the frist letter on your contact in the To: field of the text message.  I just select that moble number on the list and it goes out to that phone.

Rick 

My Device: Blackberry 8350i
My Carrier: Nextel

Same thing here. One year later, RIM doesn't fix that problem. 

My Device: 8350i
My Carrier: Nextel

Same problem here, I just bought the BlackBerry because it is one of the few smartphones syncable with Apple... but what's the thing that when I sync to my Mac, the Direct Connect# simply vanishes.

I created a field on the Apple AddressBook Template called the same "Direct Connect#" hoping the Addressbook will recognize that field from the Blackberry, but no success.

So RIM has not yet fixed this problem!!! What can we do? Help!!! I just want to sync seemlessly... is that too much to ask?...