Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

8350i Speaker Phone

I have an 8350i and the speaker phone remains "on" when I go to my vibrate profile.  With my previous blackberry's, it was turned "off" with vibrate profile and "on" with other profiles.  Any suggestions.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: 8350i Speaker Phone

I'm not sure about the question, why does it matter if the speakphone is on or off if you are on vibrate? does it make a sound?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!

It will vibrate to let you know someone is calling or on direct connect.  When you go to answer on direct connect the speaker is on and everyone can listen in.  In the previous vibrate modes it automatically went to "off" so you could talk on the direct connect like a regular phone call.  It is very helpful when in meetings, etc.  You can cut the speaker off manually, but only after you have answered the person back and made all the "beep beep" noise over the speaker phone.  Hope this helps.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8350i
My Carrier: Sprint Nextel

If you go into the Phone Options Menu, you can select Direct Connect and under the speakerphone option select No.

Re: 8350i profile

Anyone understand how to set the phone profile to vibrate and not leave the email on quiet mode?  Right now i experience on vibrate mode it vibrates for both. 
Regular Contributor

If you click on the "Advanced" option in the "Profiles" icon you will see all of the available profiles, once there you can select the "Edit" option of the desired profile and select the individual alert types for your email, calls, Direct Connect, messages.

Hope it helps.

Highlighted

Hello i didn't see this questions posted, but it's driving me crazy! is there a way t go speaker on/off direct connect/push t talk with a simple shortcut w/o going t menu options direct connect on

Thank you

Regular Contributor

When you're in the call/direct connect press the key on the keyboard that has the $ / speaker symbols on it, you will toggle between speaker on/off.
My Device: blackberry 8350i
My Carrier: nextel

-go to your recent calls and choose the first contact you see,

-then scroll down to options, then scroll

-then scroll down to direct conect and click on it

- the first option should be speaker and you can turn it on and off there.