Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-mobile

8520: How do I change my Blackberry ID?

Hello there,

I would like to change my blackberry ID as the email address I was using has expired. However, everytime I go into Options, Blackberry ID, I am asked for a password that I don't remember and that I can't check because I don't have access to the expired email address anymore. Can anyone help please?

Cheers.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: 8520: How do I change my Blackberry ID?

Do you still have the original email you got when you first set up the BBID? It will have a link in it you can use to delete the account.

Unfortunately, without the password and without the email address you will be left with setting up a new BBID.

Additionally, you can only log into a device with one BBID so if you've previously logged in with a BBID, you will need to wipe the device in order to log in with another BBID. Before you wipe the device, though, make a full backup so you don't lose your personal data. You will lose any paid apps that you had, unfortunately.

Here is a link that will explain in more detail:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26694

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 8520: How do I change my Blackberry ID?

[ Edited ]

jc00243 wrote:

Hello there,

I would like to change my blackberry ID as the email address I was using has expired. However, everytime I go into Options, Blackberry ID, I am asked for a password that I don't remember and that I can't check because I don't have access to the expired email address anymore. Can anyone help please?

Cheers.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

BBs are the most secure mobile devices available, and BB ID/AppWorld are no exception...but they depend on the human participation in that security. Sadly, given what you describe, you have no hope...all of the available automated methods to recover your BB ID require you to have access to the email account presently configured to that BB ID, and that access further must be from other than the BB itself anyway.

So, here are your alternatives as I see them:

1) If you have no AppWorld records that you need to retain, then abandon the old BB ID and create a new one. Doing that requires a Device Wipe, so be sure you take a good backup first:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

2) If you have AppWorld records (e.g., purchases) that you need to retain, then you need to ring up your mobile service provider and convince them to escalate you up to RIM AppWorld support. Then, you need to convince someone there as to your identity as well as to recover your situation. They may reconfigure the BB ID to a valid email address. They may have you create a new BB ID, and they will shift the prior records. Or they may refuse to do anything at all.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................