Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 5820
My Carrier: Vodacom (South Africa)

8520: I want my "BlackBerry App World" back

Good day and thank you very much for your help. (This is my 1st post here.  Smiley Happy)

I have my phone for 4 days now and enjoy it really very much. I tried to get the e-mail going from our exchange and was somewhat successfull. I wanted to clear everything be resetting it to factory default. I did by doing a security wipe. (Funny enough, it did not delete my e-mail.)

BUT, now my "BB App World" is not part of my menu anymore. I tried to install it from BB's website, I used the link BB e-mailed to me from here: http://uk.blackberry.com/services/appworld/download.jsp

I install it, but still it is not part of the 1st menu. I have found it under Application Center together with Flickr, Facebook, Yahoo! Messanger, Windows Live Messenger and The Grid.

BUT, this is what I see:

BlackBerry App World

Research in Motion Limited

With the others it ays "Not Installed" as I have not installed them. What does it mean when it says "Downgrade"?

In short, how do I get my BB App World back as an icon together with all the other menu icons.

I will really appreciate your help in solving this. I feel realy broken about this. Smiley Sad

Sincere Regards,

My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: o2

Re: 8520: I want my "BlackBerry App World" back

I've had my 8520 16 months now so I'm very used to it. I've also lost my icon. I don't have the option to downgrade or I think I would. If I were u I would hit downgrade then it will put the old version back. Then go to options/advanced options/ host routing table, hit blackberry button and register now. Then u will get an email. Do a battery pull and it may be u get icon back. Ide defo do that if I could downgrade. If it does not work u have lost nothing. Its worth a shot. Good luck deon Suzieq
My Device: blackberry curv 3G
My Carrier: meh

Re: 8520: I want my "BlackBerry App World" back

i just opened my blackberry today and looked on my blackberry app world then after 3 hours it dissapeered and i mean i cant find it on my phone anywere how do i get it back ?? i need it or else i cant do anything else Smiley Sad x

thanks for reading hoping u have a solition please

charlottewatt - blackberry curve 3G