Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8520 UMA Problem

Hi All,

I have a problem where by I cannot connect to the UMA service. I can connect to a WiFI network and browes the internet all ok. I have tried the set up guides from various places but I still cannt get onto this. I am on orange UK. Any help please?????

Re: 8520 UMA Problem

Hi,

I have just the same problem. Someone else at my work has the same blackberry on the same contract; in his house his phone uses UMA; my phone finds his wifi, and I can browse, but I have never got UMA.

Any ideas?

New Contributor

Im stil trying to find a soloution I think its due to the set up of some thing.. Ill get there.

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Orange UK

Hi, I also have this problem - the 'Wi Fi' symbol lights up and I get 3 green ticks in the basic wi-fi diagnostics 'Blackberry Infrastructure' section. I can browse the net and use Blackberry maps fine, with my mobile network disabled.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I also have had it working on a different handset (same SIM), so I'm presuming it's something to do with my new 8520.

Any ideas on what I might need to do would be appreciated!

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: ornage

hey

I'm having this same problem?

i can use the wifi but no UMA Smiley Sad and i have no signal in my house.

do you need to have Blackberry services to get uma?

or its it a problem with the wireless network?

help please? Smiley Happy