Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: O2

8520 & Blackberry Protect - Help!!!

[ Edited ]

OK - I've uploaded the Blackberry Protect App (after 2 hours of messing around to put it politiely!), and the Blackberry Protect site is finally recognising the device.

I have checked how to turn on the location services from the help site which states:

"On a device running BlackBerry 7.1 or earlier, in the BlackBerry  Protect application on your device, press the key > Options. In the Location Reporting section, select the I want this device's location to be viewable from the BlackBerry Protect web site checkbox. Press the key >    Save."

I have done this, but when I log into Blackberry protect, it will still not show the location, make the device ring, send a message etc.

Can anyone shed any light on how to get the device/app working before it receives a drop kick through the window!!

Many thanks (in desperation).

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: 8520 & Blackberry Protect - Help!!!

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your question regarding BlackBerry Protect on your BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone.

This model of BlackBerry smartphone does not include a built in GPS receiver which is required to locate the device using BlackBerry Protect. (Alternatively you can pair with a Bluetooth GPS receiver)

Please refer to the following article for more information: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB25064

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: O2

Re: 8520 & Blackberry Protect - Help!!!

Thanks for the info. I have tweaked some of the settings and I appear to be able to locate the phone now!!