Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin Media

Re: 8520 trackpad problems

3rd 8520 has held together for 2 months now... everything crossed.

New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Had original 8520 - problems with the little clock thing coming up all the time not letting me do anything and draining battery.

2nd blackberry had it 3 weeks - tracker now not working! Dont know if the fact that it is -6 is the problem but yet again loosing money with work!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

When I first got the Curve 8520, my trackpad worked great, except it was overly sensitive vertically.

I couldn't type anything on the keyboard because the cursor kept moving up.

I brought it in to get a new phone, and the trackpad on it works fine.

New Contributor
My Device: curver 8520
My Carrier: smart communications philippines

i have same issue until now the problem still, RIM developer please help us to fix this issue!!!

New Contributor
My Device: curver 8520
My Carrier: smart communications philippines

i have same issue the trackpad stuck, RIM developer please help your customer and fix this issue!!!!

regards

Super Contributor
My Device: Curve - 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Posting multiple times in a row will not warrant a quicker response to difficulties. There are a lot of posts for us to get through and sometimes it takes us a while to find an answer for you.

For ALL of you having problems with your trackpad, I first recommend using the following link to upgrade your OS to the most recent available from your carrier. Yes it works, and yes it will restore all your data. (I used it last night to go from 5.0.0.5** to 5.0.0.900 on TMobile).

http://us.blackberry.com/update/

I'll continue to research, but please do update me if this resolves your issue.

Disclaimer: I'm just a regular user like the rest of you. I have spent a lot of time learning the limitations of the Blackberries to know how to fix most problems. If I have suggested a fix, please give a kudo and mark as a solution!

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: movistar

I had the same problem. Solved it with the paper wedge trick. Aparently the setup doesn't make good contact. View the movies in youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOZRjoJKIik

just put paper between the metal cover of the trackpad and the battery.

My Device: Not Specified

I am having the same problem and I am really, really sick of it.  I switched out an 8900 because the track ball was jacked up, got a 9300 now it doesn't work.  Leave a pretty bitter taste in my mouth about Blackberry in general.

My Device: BB 8520, BB 9300, BB Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Did it really work? Because I've seen it on Youtube but I could not believe it, I sent this phone 2 times for repair with not luck.  and BTW the update does not work to solve the trackpad issue. Please let me know if it still working. Thanks

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: me

My trackpad doesn't scroll either unless I put my phone in the freezer for a while. The phone must be overheating and needs to cool down if it is to scroll properly