Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

8520 update

hey, i updated my blackberry 8520 to v5 software. i don't like this software and find it slow. how can i change it back to the software mine originally came with when i originally had it?

thanks Smiley Happy

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: 8520 update

Hi there, you may be able to do this within the BlackBerry Desktop Software (same area where you'd update, but where you're given a choice as to what OS to install, go with the previous one (OS 4.6).

If that doesn't work, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and remove any BlackBerry Device software that's there (leave the Desktop Software intact), then follow the steps located here:

The only thing you want to do in this case is to select the BlackBerry device software version that is a 4.6 OS when you go to download it from your carrier's website.

I hope that helps

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!