Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell
Accepted Solution

8520 will not turn back on

Hi
My 8520 was working fine last night but the battery was down to 10% charge.
Charged the battery up and phone worked fine and I turned it off before going to bed.
The phone turned on fine this morning and was showing a full charge. I did turn it off when I got to work and when I went to turn it back on when I went to
lunch I got nothing. The LED glows briefly and faintly when I try to power the phone on.
I tried hooking to my car charger but with the same results.

Any help is much appreciated!!

thanks
Frank

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 8520 will not turn back on

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

It is possible that, somehow or another, the battery became fully depleted...in which case it requires a minimum charge before allowing the BB to power on. I advise allowing 2 hours of charging before attempting to power on again.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I will give that a try when I get home, just found it strange that it powered on this morning but  then it would not turn back on at lunch even though the battery was showing a full charge this morning.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

While not frequent, there have been reports from other users on these forums of similar circumstances. If you happen to be passing by your carriers shop, you might also see if they can pop a fully charged battery in and see the results.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Put my phone on the ac charger when I got home and after about 20 minutes the phone came back on.

Battery was only showing 5% so it is still on the charger.

I had put a new fully charged battery in earlier and the phone would not turn on. I called my carrier and

they said they have seen this on rare occasions and it usually takes a few minutes on an ac charger to kind of "jump start" the phone and not even putting in another battery does not seem to help.

Told me to let them know if it happens again and will replace the phone if necessary.

Thanks for your input!!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8250
My Carrier: Orange

Hi

Mine has had exactly the same problem as you that it wont switch on so i've tried charging it although with mine when plugged into charge it doesnt show its charging its just un responsive.

Has anyone had this problem and been able to exchange it with the network?

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: t-mobile

mine did the same thing. it appears completely unresponsive. plugged it in to charge, charging light came on and then shut off after about a minute. still plugged in and nothing is happening. i don't know what to do..help?

My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

I am also facing the same issue. it appears completely unresponsive. plugged it in to charge, charging light came on and then shut off after about a minute. still plugged in and nothing is happening. i don't know what to do..help?
Hall of Famer III

ankitk01 wrote:
I am also facing the same issue. it appears completely unresponsive. plugged it in to charge, charging light came on and then shut off after about a minute. still plugged in and nothing is happening. i don't know what to do..help?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!